NEALE TROPHY / FIVES RESULTS AND SUGGESTIONS ????

Go down

NEALE TROPHY / FIVES RESULTS AND SUGGESTIONS ????

Post  kevin jeacock on Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 am

NEALE TROPHY WINNERS CROSS KEYS A BT PUNCHBOWL
FIVES WINNERS PRINCE OF WALES BT STOCKS BAR

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON CHANGING THE FORMAT FOR THE NEALE TROPHY RATHER MANIC EVENING IN THE KEYS I FEEL TRYING TO RUN THE FIVES AND THE NEALE TROPHY ON THE SAME NIGHT ESPECIALLY IF TEAMS ARE INVOLVED IN BOTH CAN GET A BIT HECTIC DIDN'T HELP WHEN THE THE DIGITAL SCOREBOARD DIED HALFWAY THROUGH OUR SEMI - FINAL ; MY SUGGESTION FOR THE NEALE TROPHY REDUCE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS TO SIX AND PLAY ONE LEG OF 1001 BEFORE OR AFTER EACH LEAGUE GAME THE HIGHEST TEAM FROM EACH LEAGUE
PREM , A , B & C THEN PLAY - OFF TO THE WINNER ON A NEUTRAL VENUE . FIRE AWAY LET'S HAVE SOME INPUT ON THIS ALSO IT MAY MEAN POSSIBLY STARTING AT 8.15

kevin jeacock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEALE TROPHY / FIVES RESULTS AND SUGGESTIONS ????

Post  Spartan117 on Tue May 19, 2009 2:31 am

NEALE TROPHY WINNERS CROSS KEYS A BT PUNCHBOWL
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Well done Keys. Great final I thought, very close all the way

I agree that holding the Fives & Sevens at the same time at the same venue and I think there were comments about how long it takes to play during the first round. Quite like your idea.

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TweetTwoo on Tue May 19, 2009 5:59 am

Or just play at a venue big enough to have more than one board going. It works well for the Ladies??!!

TweetTwoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:05 am

TweetTwoo wrote:Or just play at a venue big enough to have more than one board going. It works well for the Ladies??!!
We did but there was still hold ups waiting for 1 team to finish their 5's match so they could then play their 7's match

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin jeacock on Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 am

ALSO DOING IT IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR LEAGUE MATCH ELIMINATES THE INCONVENIENCE OF TRAVELLING TO A PUB ONLY TO FIND HALF THE TEAMS DIDN'T BOTHER TO TURN UP , AS WE FOUND OUT GOING OVER TO KENNINGTON S.C. TO PLAY ONE GAME CRAP EVENING HARDLY WORTH PUTTING MY MAKE - UP ON Very Happy

kevin jeacock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic on Wed May 20, 2009 1:00 am

I agree with your idea Kev, only issue there that i can see is for teams that have games that go on longer,
no offence intended but i think it was mentioned in another post that the lower section teams take a little longer
to finish there games (something about food times).
Is there a possibility of playing the two comps on different nights??
And as for the teams that don't turn up i think they should receive a 1 season ban from entering,
this would give the teams that do turn up a fair shout at getting through.
I don't know about you but i'd be rather peeved if my team were eliminated by a team that didn't turn up to the final stages!!.
Maybe you could play just to the semi's and have the rest played on finals night, that may ensure finishing at a resonable time and might improve attendence on finals night too! (if it needs a boost).

Ballistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down