Results on website..!!!!

Go down

Results on website..!!!!

Post  Benno. on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Why is it taking so long for these results to hit the website .???

Even last weeks results are not on here yet and now thats yesterdays news.

A good website that is frequently updated keeps people interested.

Can't you do a copy of the results card on the website so the home captain can fill this in and send it through the website after the match so not having to post the card. You could also add a section at the bottom for 180 s and outshots etc. This would speed things up a lot.

Maybe others may have a better solution. ??

I will get off my soap box now..

Benno.

Mad Mad

Benno.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Results on website..!!!!

Post  Spartan117 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 am

To be fair, Joe's been really good with getting results up quickly recently but like all people, he has a job and other commitments outside of darts that takes up his time. He can't always do it.

I on the other hand don't (or less so) so if you're looking for help updating the website Joe, I'd be willing to help Smile

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Late result postings

Post  linc on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 am

In reply to spartans comments about results and joe being too busy if this is the case maybe joe should not be the one who is delegated this role. maybe it should be passed to somebody who has got time to do it because im sure there are many people like myself who keep logging on for nothing. As we get to business end of the season there must be people who are keen to see the other results. pale pale

linc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas1968 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 am

Maybe someone from the prince of wales ..... they seem to have alot of time on their hands ... lol!

Jas1968

View user profile

Back to top Go down

to the pie man

Post  linc on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 am

maybe jas1968 would put down his pies and then he will have some fingers free to type in the result. he is a pig

linc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:22 am

linc wrote: As we get to business end of the season there must be people who are keen to see the other results. pale pale
There is a results section on the forum where you can post the results of your game Very Happy

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

results

Post  linc on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 pm

[b]If spartan hadnt noticed not all the results are posted. Its not an answer to for the site not being updated after all its what the site is for Laughing

linc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 pm

linc wrote:[b]If spartan hadnt noticed not all the results are posted. Its not an answer to for the site not being updated after all its what the site is for Laughing
Hey, just trying to help and encourage people to use it Razz

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:18 am

Well, reading this thread did make me giggle. First of all, I find it quite funny that there are certain people in this conversation that have not once added any comments on this forum and yet find it very easy to criticise.

Secondly, I am not the person that is responsible for updating results, I just make sure that the website exists and will also set it up at the start of the season. If you have problems speak to the committee as it is their job to input results and not mine.

Thirdly, the rules quite clearly state that results should be within the hands of the general secretary/committee within 48 hours of the match. Therefore if all cards are with the committee within this deadline then maybe the website would run a little more smoothly.

Fourthly, the idea behind captains adding their own results will only work if all teams are actually using the website regularly, however, the forum indicates that there are only a select group of people that actually input anything into the website. We don't know whether their is a person from each team checking the forum and we therefore can't do anything like you requested. I also don't think this idea would be practical as the committee still require a verification of the result signed by both captains.

Fifthly, if their is evidence of teams actually checking the website, then everything could be done via the website, however, as there is no evidence of this, the committee are still in the position of running monthly meetings and putting everything on to paper for the select few that turn up. Putting everything on to paper aswell as the website creates extra work for the committee.

Sixthly, I'll accept any apologies for myself and the committee.

Seventh, I would like to thank all the people that actually try to help out, and don't lose the plot when something doesn't quite run to their liking. Maybe you guys that sit their quietly, not adding any input into conversations or showing us that you check the website could now get involved a little bit more so we can start running the league via the internet, rather than doing paper work for meetings and then no one turning up.

Eighth, to the people that spend all their time on here, GO GET JOBS.

Thanks alot

Joe

P.S. Any problems, feel free to email me at joethomas_341@hotmail.co.uk and I will pass your concerns on to the committee. I check this email regularly so your issue will be dealt with.

And remember, I am not the person that is responsible for adding results, so when results aren't added quite so quickly, don't criticise me, I am just the person that makes the website, and sets the applications up for the committee to run the league.

Joe
Admin

View user profile http://gkaddl.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:05 pm

ha ha ha ha ha!! Spartan, Joe's nicked your soap box!! Razz

Ballistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:50 am

Ballistic wrote:ha ha ha ha ha!! Spartan, Joe's nicked your soap box!! Razz
I think Joe nicked everyones soap box Razz

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 am

I don't know why your laughing, it was you that dropped Joe in it!!! Benno had posted a valid question as to what the hold up was, mentioning no names. AND WHAM!! you said Joe's been good at getting the results up!
Tut tut Spartan you dropped Joe in it and now he's MAAAADDD!! Evil or Very Mad lol!

Ballistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 am

Not really mad. Just found it rather amusing, and thought i'd have my say.

Just so everyone is clear, don't blame me when things don't run quite so smoothly, if I was doing it all, it would be much better Very Happy but I'm taking more of a back seat after many arguments with my Dad over it all.

If you do have any problems email me joethomas_341@hotmail.co.uk, don't contact my Dad via forum/website because he won't notice it.

Thanks

Joe

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:30 am

Ballistic wrote:I don't know why your laughing, it was you that dropped Joe in it!!! Benno had posted a valid question as to what the hold up was, mentioning no names. AND WHAM!! you said Joe's been good at getting the results up!
Tut tut Spartan you dropped Joe in it and now he's MAAAADDD!! Evil or Very Mad lol!
And I thought I was defending why the results were delayed by commenting that it had been really good recently. I thought it was Joe and if I'm wrong (which I am) then I apologise for that. I thought Benno's comments were un-justified given how good they have been recently and said so.

Didn't mean to drop anyone in it, just putting across my opinion and an explanation why it might be delayed Crying or Very sad

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 am

Don't worry about it Spartan, its the people that sit their quietly not adding any input what so ever and then complain that annoys me. The two people that have complained have made 3 comments in the whole time this forum has been up and two of those three comments were in this topic moaning about results not being up quick enough.
I'm trying to convince the committee to change to a more effective system so next year we may be changing the website to make it more efficient and effective and therefore the results would most likely be up quicker, but at the end of the day, the results are put on once all cards are recieved so when you think about making a complaint about results not being up, consider the fact teams don't hand there cards in.

Joe

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benno. on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

All I asked in my first question was whether it was possible to get the results on any quicker and then posted a solution that might work which was open to any further suggestions...

No blame was mentioned to anyone and like Ballistic has already commented it was just a question why the website was not being updated. !!!

It was a open question with no blame so why do you think Spartan it being un-justified when the website had not been updated for weeks now.. ?????

Oh and lastly I have a job joe as you mentioned in your long reply so thats why I have only posted 4 times...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Benno.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Joe,
Buy your dad a pint, and tell him how much you love him really!! Very Happy

Benno,
Just because you don't post comments very often, doesn't mean you don't look at the web site
when your free (i think its fair to say many of us have jobs/kids and other things to stop us
looking at the site more often) chin up old boy! your question was valid! Laughing

Spartan,
Will you put a lid on that ****ing can of worms you've opened. Razz

Ballistic for president!!!! "yes he can" lol!

Ballistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Ballistic wrote:
Spartan,
Will you put a lid on that ****ing can of worms you've opened. Razz

Ballistic for president!!!! "yes he can" lol!
I'm being quiet now. Joe has said pretty much everything anyway Very Happy

afro

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

At last

Post  linc on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Benno and ballistic(2 guys who talk some sense)insted of ***t. It must be because they wear long trousers. At least we are using this site more often now guys, much more and we will qualify for free speach on here. lol!

linc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin jeacock on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 pm

come on boys lets keep the site serious get on with the darts no more bitching
oh by the way

spartan that can of worms you opened i do a lot of fishing can i have them !!
also can i have the contents of the soap box you got knocked for danny webb !!
jas were do you buy your pies from !! certainly not the boundary house home of landlady of the year !!!!

kevin jeacock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down