DARTS ABINGDON

Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 am

i understand that to log onto the home page you need to be a member of the commitee.so joe you need to keep off this page as you have no authority to do this.also if you have received any money from the abingdon league since your first payment this needs to be payed back as you have no right to it.this will show up on the treasurers report which will be itomised i shall ask for records going back several years.

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DARTS ABINGDON

Post  Joe on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 am

So when I heard that you'd been attacking me on here I thought I would come take a look.

I recieved one payment for setting up the website at the start about 4 years ago. Since then I have not asked for, or recieved any sort of payment for helping out with any of the IT related matters yet have still continued to put in several hours to make sure the online stuff runs smoothly.

I have no input in how the league is run. I merely help my Dad with what needs to be put on the website. This mainly involves the work at the start of the season when all the new leagues and fixtures have to be updated.

I do not mind helping out with this sort of stuff, I know how the website/forum work and this means I can get the majority of tasks done quicker than the average person.

I dont see how you can possibly have a problem with someone that gives up their time to help out with something I couldnt really care less about.

Joe

Oh and when you make replies to posts in the forum, if you click post reply, rather than new topic it will add your comment to the same thread rather than creating several new topics that makes it harder for people to follow.

Joe
Admin

View user profile http://gkaddl.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 am

the point of my comments was that your dad cannot do the job he receives money for .and relies on his son who should not be involved.as you are not on the commitee .thanks for your help but we need someone who can do the job as they are paid for it .you are in fact a subcontractor unpaid.i apologise for mis information on money matters.

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

Id hardly say that the honourium the 5 split between them can really be deemed payment for all the crap they have to put up with and sort out. More of a token of good will that the players in the league respect and appreciate there efforts. I guess having my Dad on the committee gives the league access to my help. Is that really that much of a problem if it helps the league run a bit more smoothly?

Joe

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 am

you are missing the point i thought you were quite clever the point is that your dad cannot do the job he is trying to do. and an outsider has to do it for him we need someone on the commitee who can do this job.not some insignificant person who has nothing to do with the darts league.i understand your dad is trying to be elected as general secretary. again he cannot do this job and you will be involved again as i said a commitee member needs to be doing this job not you.it is greatly appreciated what you have done but you should not be involved at all .you do not even play darts apparently you put a message on the forum about having a good time getting pissed with friends who cares .what did this have to do with darts.

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 am

Uh what? Wheres this message? Ive no idea what message you are referring to. You know nothing about me, not really sure why your questioning my intelligence. Just so you know, my Dad is not the only general secretary that Ive helped. I carried out the same role when Howard was Sec, was anyone questioning his ability as Sec? Don't think they were. I guess its something for you all to discuss at the AGM.

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  H CANNON on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 am

Joe wrote:Uh what? Wheres this message? Ive no idea what message you are referring to. You know nothing about me, not really sure why your questioning my intelligence. Just so you know, my Dad is not the only general secretary that Ive helped. I carried out the same role when Howard was Sec, was anyone questioning his ability as Sec? Don't think they were. I guess its something for you all to discuss at the AGM.

Im sorry JOE when i was general secretary i never ask'ed you to put things on the forum or the home page, what you did was to set up the league thats what you got paid for.
You had to do the league twice that is why you got paid £100, for you to say that you did the same thing for me, as you have been doing for your dad is a lie.And as for my ability as secretary i never had any complaints,could this be because i ran the league by the rules that were laid down in black & white!!. Not the rules that i made up as the committee seem to be doing now?

H CANNON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 am

I just help out when needed. When the committee no longer require my help I will stop. Until then I guess my role continues.

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am

And Howard, if I shouldnt be doing what Im doing, then why did you contact me when you had problems with logging into your account. Shouldnt you have contacted a member of the committee to sort the issue.

Joe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TweetTwoo on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:18 am

Can I just say that Joe has done a great job with the website and forum and deserves a bit of credit for taking the time to out and putting the effort in every time something goes wrong or needs modifying.

I work with computers all day and have used the most complex of accounting systems and this is in a league of its own. Iíve been shown the simplest of things like updating scores and have had to call Dave more than once because I messed it up or gone into the wrong thing. Itís a working nightmare and the most difficult system Iíve had to use. So yeah we all need a bit of help and until were all up running and getting it right I hope Joe will still be willing to help out if needed.

Iím getting there with all the technical crap but there is boxes coming at you from every angle and one click could wipe the season out and not a risk Iím will to take and get hammered for once itís all lost and has to be re-entered.

All the committee members are now on board and signed up to the Website and are in the process of self-teaching / being taught the ropes but like everything this takes time Crying or Very sad

TweetTwoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 am

to sarah i would just like to point out that i appreciate what joe has done for you and the league .the only problem i have is that his dad gets him to do everything .and he is even signing his name to things on the forum in daves place .he needs to stop doing this as he has nothing to do with the day to day running of the league .there are other people who would understand computers who actually play in the league.most people dont know or care who joe is they want to hear from the chairman not his son.

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

darts abingdon

Post  H CANNON on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:09 am

Joe wrote:And Howard, if I shouldnt be doing what Im doing, then why did you contact me when you had problems with logging into your account. Shouldnt you have contacted a member of the committee to sort the issue.

Sorry Joe it was'nt you who i got in contact with when i could'nt log on to the forum it was Greg he told me how to get a new pass word not you!!. And yes you should not be doing what you are doing just because you are the chairmans son, if he can't make the effort to put thing on the home page you should not be the one doing it. You ask'ed for my opinion and this is it.

H CANNON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  grim up north on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am

I think Joe has done a great job in supporting the Abingdon Darts League.

Whirlwind, if you are who I think you are you to could benefit from a little support, as I have seen you throw your darts. Most recently when you lost and you threw them across the table Sad

Don't worry though, we've all been their Embarassed

grim up north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ABINGDON DARTS

Post  whirlwind180 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 am

to grim up north my name is michael wilkes you are either ian morrell or his insignificant friend steve no one knows your second name as you are insignificant .you are obviousely quite happy for joe to run the league without being voted on to the commitee .if he wants to get involved why wont he stand for election.i appreciate what he has done to help out as you do .my issue is that he is doing the chairmans job.what has throwing my darts down got to do with this discussion this is a childish comment trying to rile me .are you not clever enough to look at the points that have been raised and comment on the issues and how to resolve them .as you may have seen joe signs his name to things as if he were a member of the commitee.also i would like to point out that getting personal does not solve anything. now if you are brave enough put your name on here this will not happen as you are a coward.

Last edited by whirlwind180 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:24 am

a message to joe your message read off to uni might get drunk september 26th 2009 now do you remember .and why would anyone in the darts league care about your private life it is not face book.now get off the forum and let your dad do his job.you are and always have been and always will be someone who has helped out .many thanks.

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:43 am

hello joe when were you voted in as administrator of the league.i cannot see your name on the commitee did daddy just decide this.you are as i said greatley appreciated for what you have done but you have no official role in the league .

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down