DARTS ABINGDON

Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:28 pm

we need more support from dart players in the league to show that we have some backing.or even if you think iam wrong.this is your league so stand up and be counted .

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fixtures/Dave Headford

Post  Number1 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:33 am

As a new member to the forum it does strike me that there seem to be some specific conflicts, that seem to be between the commitee and a few lads from the Oracle? To be honest this seems like a personal issue that needs to be resolved between the respective parties.

This seems to have clouded the issue of having all the comps at the Brewery Tap? Which for me is a totally seperate issue.

I have to agree that it doesn't seem right or fair for the comps to be at this one venue and by having them all here the commitee have opened themselves up to the accusation of a complete bias to their favourite/local venue?

Having played there this season it didn't seem particulary great or appropriate venue for the comps but I don't see any other outstanding choices of venue in Abingdon..........

The Oracle should of had it's fair share of earlier rounds there.,but for me not this night.... as it tins of beer, too dark and if we ever do get a warm evening(wishful thinking I know!) it's too stuffy and hot!

Punchbow too small ...White Horse board not good for large numbers to be watching games..same applies to the Spread Eagle, Stocks and The Cross Keys.

The alternatives would be the Black Swan/Harp but having not been in these venues of late I cannot comment on their suitability but the commitee should know these venues and suitabilities.

So perhaps the best venues for viewing and playing would be the Prince of Wales or the Waggon Horses, both who are big enough to accomadate more than one board.

I beleive the people organizing the comps should be open and honest enough to have a look at the way they have dealt with this situation hold their hands up to being biased/naive and learn from a mistake that has occurred and deal with it rather than being defensive about it.

For the record I have no greviance or beef with anyone on the forum and just want to give a totally unbiased view, as if it was up to me the comps would all be at The Waggon and Horses as it's where all the trophies will be heading anyway!!! Ha Ha (Only Joking honestly)

Number1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DARTS ABINGDON

Post  TweetTwoo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 am

Can you pleae confirm what the dart board like at your place? and what type of score board please.

Cheers

TweetTwoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Number1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 am

We use the Blade 4 Dartboard and have an electric scoreboard.

Number1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down