DARTS ABINGDON

Go down

DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 am

i have e mailed the chairman and i expect this to be distributed to all teams .if this is not done i expect the chairman to consider his position as it is his duty to circulate by letter .i think the chairman has issues with certain people in the league .this is not right as it affects everybody.should someone like this be running the league?

whirlwind180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Abingdon Darts

Post  171 out on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 am

I see that people are coming out of the woodwork to comment on the committee & how the league should be run ?,if its to hot in the kitchen get out of it.We all know that there are issues between Dave Thomas & Greg Thomas against the three lads from the Oracle there is no point in trying to hide it, and we all know that Dave & Greg have used their position on the committee for their own ends & not that of the league to get these players banned.
As whirlwind 180 has said these issues effect the rest of the league,I quote rule 13 all disputes to be referred to the committee whose decision shall be final,and rule 14 other matters not covered by these rules shall be referred to the committee, whose decision shall be final.In the case of the three lads from the oracle should there not have been a meeting called to sort out what was wrong & here from both sides. No the chairman & vice chairman used these rules for their own ends and not the good of the Abingdon Darts League it was vindictive & nasty. So members of the league do you want these people to run the league the way they are doing it? Iam the chairman of the league and what i say goes end of story is that what you want, because if you don;t stop the committee trying to put these new rules into force that is what you are going to get.
As they have stated in the rules they want to bring in for next year (IF YOU DONT TURN UP AT A MEETING YOUR VOTE GOES IN FAVOUR OF THE COMMITTEE) this means that the people who have turned up to vote and care about the league counts for nothing and the committee knows this they want to stack the deck.
Ifind it very funny that Sarah is the only one of the committee to comment on these toppics, she has'nt been on line for a while must of been told not to i wonder who by?

171 out

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DARTS ABINGDON

Post  Mystery on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 am

Stand for committee then I guess

Mystery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg L Thomas on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:43 pm

can i just say that i do NOT have any grudge against the 3 lads from the oracle and what happened at the beginning of the season was done for a reason and was explained to the 3 concerned so i don't see what it has to do with anyone else.
As to regard the club issue this did come from Greene King and as a committee we have been in discussion with them over this issue and have reached a point of resolving this situation which we hope will be beneficial to all and as soon as we get the clarification of this we will post the outcome on the web site in the next few days.
I am concerned that it says that an email has been sent to the chairman and you are waiting for it to be circulated around the pubs this will be done but we don't seem to have received any email so if you can tell me where it has been sent it would be useful otherwise we can't circulate it before the AGM

Greg L Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  H CANNON on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Greg L Thomas wrote:can i just say that i do NOT have any grudge against the 3 lads from the oracle and what happened at the beginning of the season was done for a reason and was explained to the 3 concerned so i don't see what it has to do with anyone else.
As to regard the club issue this did come from Greene King and as a committee we have been in discussion with them over this issue and have reached a point of resolving this situation which we hope will be beneficial to all and as soon as we get the clarification of this we will post the outcome on the web site in the next few days.
I am concerned that it says that an email has been sent to the chairman and you are waiting for it to be circulated around the pubs this will be done but we don't seem to have received any email so if you can tell me where it has been sent it would be useful otherwise we can't circulate it before the AGM

In reply to what you have said i have got the letter in front of me it states we feel that the past two years disruptiveness cannot go unnoticed and that a form of punishment need to be implemented, all we ever did at these meetings was to try and get you and the chairman to follow the rules that were in place at the time , and i see that you are still doing it in regards to the singles & pairs comps draw,. I know this did not apply to me as i was banned from all but the rule that is in place states that the draw to be made at 8pm not have the draw ready made when you get there. You can't stick to these rules and you want to implement new one's this is what caused all the arguments at the meetings you not sticking to the rules, i can remember you or the chairman saying these rules are guide lines well greg im sorry it states Abingdon &District League rules not Abingdon & District guide lines. The three of us played this season under the threat of being kicked out of the league if any one put a complaint in against us & you say that you have not got a grudge against us well all i can say is you have a funny way of showing it . Lets see what next season brings that is if we are allowed to play in it? Just one more thing i asked the chairman if we could have a meeting with the committee over this he said no, he would not take my phone calls that is why i got in touch with Chris Povey if the committee was working on behalf of the league why could'nt we have a meeting. We had know verbal warning know written warning just the letter stating we were out .In the letter that was sent to us it stated that we were continuously trying to change the rules to suit ourselves & had no interest for other teams thats a lie if we had no interest in the other teams why did we want the committee to stick to the rules.

Last edited by H CANNON on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

H CANNON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg L Thomas on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Howard i don't have a problem with you playing next season as far as i am concerned what has happen this season is now history and the 2012-13 season is a new season with a clean sheet.
as for me holding a grudge with any of you i can honestly say i don't and have tried on several occasions to talk to you all trying to be polite but none of you could do anything but grunt at me so if anything i think you are the ones holding a grudge or need to grow up !
as for the rules i believe it was you that insisted that we run the league by the book 2 seasons ago and when we did it was u that said we should use our discretion like the 48 hour rule signing new players on so that is where the wording guide came from but i still believe the rules must be followed

Greg L Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  H CANNON on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote="Greg L Thomas"]Howard i don't have a problem with you playing next season as far as i am concerned what has happen this season is now history and the 2012-13 season is a new season with a clean sheet.
as for me holding a grudge with any of you i can honestly say i don't and have tried on several occasions to talk to you all trying to be polite but none of you could do anything but grunt at me so if anything i think you are the ones holding a grudge or need to grow up !
as for the rules i believe it was you that insisted that we run the league by the book 2 seasons ago and when we did it was u that said we should use our discretion like the 48 hour rule signing new players on so that is where the wording guide came from but i still believe the rules must be followed
[
/quote] I'm sorry Greg but you have never tried to talk to me what would we of had to talk about, i would never of talked to you just in case you said that i made threats against you.
Yes i did say you should use your discretion & it was me that said you should run the league by the rules but you never did , sorry the chairman did once when it concerned S Smith i quote there is a person at the back that only comes to these meetings to make sure we do things by the rules & that person said yes it was John Roberts. And i can remember you saying i put my hands up to that i did it wrong, you say( i still believe the rules must be followed) well why did'nt you do this with the comps draw it is in the rules how it should have been drawn.

H CANNON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down