neale trophy

Go down

neale trophy

Post  kevin jeacock on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 am

the neale trophy early round venues are normally played out of the area so other pubs apart from those in abingdon get a look in but is this hindering the competition
as two teams didn't turn up at our venue < kennington s.c. > and i know only four teams bothered to turn up at the nuffield arms as it happens we had a bye played one game which didn't take long end of evening , how did the other venues fair did all the teams turn up ,should they be played in abingdon and should we play to one winner on the night , i know our b team travelled all the way to the nuffield for about 10 minutes playing time the back home crazy your thoughts please

kevin jeacock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: neale trophy

Post  monkey_tennis on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:25 am

I believe it is hindering the competition. Perhaps do what the women do and complete the whole night at one venue (perhaps Abingdon United with all their throws).

The Nuffield was a long way to go for two legs of darts, however we went through so i'm not overly fussed.

Just gotta wait til May now for the next phase!! king

monkey_tennis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas1968 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:56 am

Kev
We ( College Oak b team ) travelled to the Bystander , and yep only 4 teams turned up.

Jas1968

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 am

Played at the College Oak, 6 teams turned up.

I appreciate this may not be practical but it could have done with being held on 2 boards at the same time. Its a long wait between matches and would have been longer if all 8 teams turned up. But I don't know many places with 2 (or more) dartboards, its hard enough finding places with 1 . As for playing all the games in Abingdon, if that's where the majority of teams are, makes sense to me.

Spartan117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down